101 Things to do with a Potato101 Things to do with a Potato
1) Eat it raw. There are several ways of doing this, such as
2) Bite it, like an apple
3) Suck on it
4) Swallow it whole. This might be quite difficult, unless you have a very big mouth. Or a very small potato.
5) If none of the above seem particularly appealing, you could boil it, and then eat it.
6) Bake it. Cut it in half. Spread with butter and sprinkle with salt. Eat it.
7) Cook it, mash it, mix the mashed potato with butter, milk and a hint of nutmeg, and then eat it.
8) Alternatively, you could take the mashed potato and throw it at someone!
9) Draw eyes on you potato. Maybe even attach arms and legs to it. Give it a name, and make it your friend. Its as good a friend as any human, and I know that for a fact!
10) Boil it. Keep its skin on. Climb to the top of a tall skyscraper, and drop your boiled potato over the edge. You will find that it makes a soft splotch as it hits the pavement. Is this not a pleasing sound?
The Sound of SilenceThe Sound of Silence
Listening for silence?
Not many ever do.
Maybe theyre just self-absorbed
Or they dont have a clue
That silence is so hard to find
Its rarely ever true.
For even when the waves are flat
A storms inside your head
Thoughts buzz around like angry bees
Weighing you down like lead.
They make an artificial sound
Knocking silence dead.
Just try to clear your head of thoughts;
Heave a defeated sigh.
Silence is impossible.
In fact, Ill tell you why
If you stop singing your own song
And listen to the sky
Youll find its filled with other songs
That no-one ever hears
Everyone hears no-one else
Their own thoughts clog their ears.
The sky is filled with unheard songs
The rivers flow with tears
The very air is thick with blood
The sky will never clear.